Re: [CH] quick cooking tips (wasIntro/new subscriber:)

Shaun Rimmer (shaun@newtronic.co.uk)
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:26:08 -0000

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:43:53 -0700
From: Ashcroft=Antichrist <rael64@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: [CH] Intro/new subscriber:

>  > > Hmmmm, what can I make with chicken in it  tonight..........a coop?
>
>   How about a nice plump fox???  Or coyote???

Upon reading this thread, methunk it would be appropriate to post
Rael's Quick Cooking for Those Who Don't Mind Repetition...or
something like that

And because I simply *hate* to have to ask that/this question (to)
myself - "what do i want to eat?", I typically do this on the
weekend/Monday:

<sniped good advice>

Hmmm, I have different cooking modes at different times. 'Cos I likes to
chef it up, sometimes I'll spend much time in the galley, prepping and
grinding and cooking for hours, make plenty, freeze/chill some for work, eat
the rest.

Other thymes (not as quick a fix as yours), I just grab some meat, chicken
is good, pork spare rib (boneless cuts) is butter! - 8 cm long x 2cm thick
(ish) slices.

Then I get honey/muscavardo or whatever out of cupboard fresh limes/bottled
lime juice and lots ginger grated and garlic grated and black pepper and
ground star anise and ground coriander seed and ground (green not black)
cardamom and cinnamon and clove and plenty chillies and put in a big pan
with oil the stuff you put in first and fry then add spices and juice/zest
and honey/muscavardo and dash worcester and dashes dark soy and cook 'till
bubbling.

Chuck in meat and chopped fresh coriander leaves and stir it around until
well coated and par-cooked put in greased baking tin and then in oven on
200C.

In another pan at same time have olive oil butter black pepper garlic
crushed chillies of choice and add sliced 'shrooms 'bout 4 mm thick  slow
cook on low heat.

Stir mushrooms occasionally and cook until most water is out of them turn
the heat up and caramelise the outside and serve with the sticky caramelised
meat slices.

Prep 15 mins (at the most) cooking 1/2 hour (at the least), sit in front of
tv watching favourite film and consume with a nice full bodied New
Zealand/Australian Merlot can I take a breath now?

Phew!

Or you could just make a stir fry and add the sauce at the

Shaun gotta stop thinking 'bout food and do some work for a change......R

P.s. also serves well with boiled rolled in garlic herb butter then roasted
small pieces of potato. ',;~}

--
Desire for Fire.