Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V8 #486

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:57:53 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Tony the Kiwilander wrote:

>  >  On topic, the 2nd year Rocotos on my back fence are loaded with ripening
>  > fruit. I can see these becoming my favourite Chile  if they carry on for
>>  another year with absolutely no attention at all. Right Dr Begg?

Right on Tony. What's not to like about them? If the leaves start to
yellow slightly water them with some really dilute tomato fertilizer.

..and from sunny Sinney OZ, jr added:

>Yes siree !  Finally my 2nd year rocotos are kicking into action as well.
>Earlier this year in the spring of their 2nd year I got one measly (but very
>yummy) large fruity chilli.
>
>Now, at the end of summer I have a great crop starting.  Whew ;-)

Exactly my experience. In fact I consider any first year fruit a
bonus. They seem to need a well established root system before they
will fruit more heavily.
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.