Re: [CH] Chile Snack Alert

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:57:34 -0800

On Monday, February 18, 2002, at 07:05 PM, David Cook wrote:

> My parents blew over from Tucson last week and brought me a collection
> of El Sabroso chile powder on the stuff so I think the fruit is soaked
> in chile extract, since the ingredients list "chili flavor" but no
> powder. They're hot and great for a sweet tooth.
>

> Bah Humbug! from the diabetic old guy in BC! Going back on the previous
> posts about
grinding chiles.....tonight I did a fantastic fried rice, but I put a
tbls of Thai Red chile paste in the wok as soon as I put in the peanut
oil, and before I threw in the chopped up veggies, and I just about
cleared the apartment. Poor Marie was coughing and snorting
in the living room, and I was doing the same in the kitchen, only worse,
with my kisser right over that wok! Man, did I get the egg and then the
rice in there in a big hurry! And stir fried the heck outta it !  It was
absolutely great, and as a lot of the heat was floating around in the
ether(what we needed to knock us out!) it was not that hot, in fact
hadda add some Calvin's to it as well!! Live and learn, ceptin I never
seem to! Cheers, Doug in BC.....yeah, I know, Jim....wear a gas mask!