Re: [CH] Greetings

mstevens@exit109.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:29:22 GMT

At 10:03 PM 2/20/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello, my name is Rob and I just signed up for the Chile-Heads list.
>After watching "Eat the Heat" on FoodTV, I thought that my habit of
>eating fresh jalapenos, serranos, and habs with just about everything
>and my general love for all things spicy just might make me a Chilehead.

I'm afraid "might" is not an option!  Pleased to meet you!   A goodly number of
folks who appeared in Eat the Heat lurk on this list, and the producers used
this list to arrange filming of some of the segments.

>I am interested in growing some peppers at home, but I live in a
>townhouse with no yard. We have a second story balcony which faces west,
>so any plants would only get sun in the afternoon. Any advice on how and
>what varieties I may be able to grow in containers would be greatly
>appreciated. Thanks! :)

Some of the hotter peppers like habaneros an scotch bonnets actually enjoy a
bit of shade.  A more important consideration is where you are located as the
same chiles also require a long growing season.  There is a good bit of
expertise here on growing and you should get a lot of help...

=Mark

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/hotlinks.shtml