[CH] Dried Chile info

Mudpuppy (mudpuppy@hisurfer.net)
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:05:42 -0500

There are no Mexican stores within 100 miles of me that I am aware of. When
I was in California they were all over. I bought 3 oz bags of chile de arbol
for 1.29. I used up the pequins but I know that they were not a whole lot
more. I am lucky that my sister works in a grocery store here in town and
they like her so the produce guy said that he would look into prices for
bulk chiles for me. But he said he could probably only by habs and it would
be in 3 or 5 pound quantintys. I can probably afford that. But I do want a
mixture so I am still looking. I know there are cheap dried chiles out there
I just ain't found them. I used to grow my own but the dirt in my yard sucks
and I have mainly rocks so it is just easier to buy dried already.
Steve sent me a link to his page so I think I will buy some from there
because his prices beat anything I have found elsewhere but I sure did get
spoiled out west. Thank You to all who responded

I hope that life is not a big joke because
I don't get it.

Hi Rick,

When I grow up I want to have a dried chile web-store =^]

Are there no "Mexican" stores in your area?  That's where I'd look.
They may not speak English too well, but the dollar is still the
universal language of commerce. =^]  There are some Mexi-stores here in
NW Indiana, but I am amazed at how many have sprung up in the country
side of Indiana in the last 10 years.  I've seen 'em in small towns
between here and Indy.

If you can't find any, e- me back!  I'll see what prices are.  I know I
have seen "Chile de arbol" similar to Tabasco, and chile pequin a/k/a
tepins... I may be able to find others you want, like habs and cayennes.

Hasta la lista,

Jesse G.
CH#1200