Re: [CH] Dried Chile info

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:39:45 -0500

I have seen bags of dried chiles in the produce depts. of Wal Mart
Supercenters. Perhaps there's one of those near you.

Myron

Mudpuppy wrote:

> There are no Mexican stores within 100 miles of me that I am aware of. When
> I was in California they were all over. I bought 3 oz bags of chile de arbol
> for 1.29. I used up the pequins but I know that they were not a whole lot
> more. I am lucky that my sister works in a grocery store here in town and
> they like her so the produce guy said that he would look into prices for
> bulk chiles for me. But he said he could probably only by habs and it would
> be in 3 or 5 pound quantintys. I can probably afford that. But I do want a
> mixture so I am still looking. I know there are cheap dried chiles out there
> I just ain't found them. I used to grow my own but the dirt in my yard sucks
> and I have mainly rocks so it is just easier to buy dried already.
> Steve sent me a link to his page so I think I will buy some from there
> because his prices beat anything I have found elsewhere but I sure did get
> spoiled out west. Thank You to all who responded

> I hope that life is not a big joke because
> I don't get it.
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> When I grow up I want to have a dried chile web-store =^]
>
> Are there no "Mexican" stores in your area?  That's where I'd look.
> They may not speak English too well, but the dollar is still the
> universal language of commerce. =^]  There are some Mexi-stores here in
> NW Indiana, but I am amazed at how many have sprung up in the country
> side of Indiana in the last 10 years.  I've seen 'em in small towns
> between here and Indy.
>
> If you can't find any, e- me back!  I'll see what prices are.  I know I
> have seen "Chile de arbol" similar to Tabasco, and chile pequin a/k/a
> tepins... I may be able to find others you want, like habs and cayennes.
>
> Hasta la lista,
>
> Jesse G.
> CH#1200
>
> Mudpuppy wrote:
>

> > Hi my name is Rick Masters and I was on this list a long time ago and then
> > moved several times and changed providers and some how got off of the
> list.
> > I live in New Florence, PA which is not exactly the Chile capital of the
> > world (although I did go to Hatch NM when I was on vacation and got the
> > t-shirt)
> > I am writing because I have several questions that I hope some one can
> help
> > me with.
> > First is the Chile head page down? I can not seem to get onto it or the
> > archives. I found the link from Marks page to resub and that is how I got
> > here. (Mark I see you don't run with scissors anymore ;-) )
> > My other question is does anyone know of any cheap mail order companies
> > where I can buy some dried chiles at? My local store here wants 3 bucks
> for
> > .25 oz of dried habs and they don't have any other type of dried hot
> chiles
> [...]

  互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ
  Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
  myronm@bellsouth.net     |
            "Keep the Whole World Singing!"   |     |
  互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ