RE: [CH] Rocoto

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@honeywell.com)
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 05:40:24 -0600

  From: Tony Flynn [mailto:tonyflynn@value.net.nz]
  Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 7:29 PM
  To: Pieters, Rob (NL01); chile-heads
  Subject: Re: [CH] Rocoto

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Pieters, Rob (NL01)" <Rob.Pieters@honeywell.com>

  Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 6:42 AM

  > Out of the dark...
  > As I'm a big Rocoto fan since I got a few seeds from
  Cameron a few years
  ago
  > I grow them each year from seed.

  Hi Rob,

  How do you get fruit off your Rocoto plants by planting them
  every year ? I
  get virtually none the first year, but heaps the second. Not
  sure about next
  year as the branches are going to need supporting before they
  break with the
  weight of fruit.

  After a very wet spring, we are having some real summer
  weather at last 86°F
  yesterday :-)

  Tony Flynn

  Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand