Re: Salt: WUZ: Re: [CH] hot chocolate... hotter than usual V8 #502

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:32:28 -0700

At 9:34 AM -0500 05.03.02, Chad A Gard wrote:
>  >Here is a gelato recipe.  It's the one I was thinking of when I said
>>"mango/rum/chile".  Obviously, I've never made this one, but I
>>wouldn't because of the boose and am too damned lazy anyway (mainly,
>>I don't own an ice cream maker).
>

>I might try this a little later this spring.  Kinda down financially right
>now...
>
>But, it looks like it'd be pretty hard to freeze with that much alcohol.
>Alcohol lowers the freezing point of the mixture, and gives ice cream
>machines (at least mine) a fit.

I'm sure it is a very soft product.  Had a friend of mine's mum who
always made rum raisin ice cream.  She wouldn't let us have any of it
(we were 12-ish or so) because she more or less poured it into the
bowls for her and her hubby.

Naturally, we snuck a taste or three anyways.  Could have "eaten"
that stuff with a straw straight from the freezer....well, okay, the
raisins woulda stopped up the straw, but geez...you get the idea
<g>...

--
Peace...
Rael64