Re: [CH] Did A Bit of Shopping Today

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:53:23

>From: "Pecos B" <pecos_b@hotmail.com>
>
>What exactly is "Ichimi Togarashi"?

for red pepper as a spice.  Thus my joke about tougarashi-do a few weeks
ago.  I've bought ichimi togarashi and nanami togarashi, and I forget the
distinction (they were slightly different seasoning mixes based on pepper).

The brands I've bought from Japanese groceries are packaged in slender glass
jars, similar in shape to a stack of two 35mm film cannisters.  The shaker
top has a single hole in the center.  These are good to save for future use;
as others here have said, they carry well.

HEH HEH once I brought one of these seasonings into the office for my
workplace powdered heat stash.  I knew that toasted hemp seed was one of the
ingredients, but I was surprised to see intact hemp seeds rolling around on
my cubicle desktop.  Oops.

- A