RE: [CH] Tabasco heat challenged products...

T. Matthew Evans (matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu)
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:23:28 -0500

Hey, hey -- careful now with the PBR and Old Style bashing!  I happen to
love them both and, in fact, often rate the quality of a bar by the number
of varieties of each that they have -- bottles, cans, 24 oz. cans, draft,
etc.  (Is it obvious that I am a perpetual college student?)

On topic -- I really enjoy Tabasco sauce, certainly when compared to say,
Franks or Louisiana Brand.  I like to add a few dashes of hot sauce to most
everything that I make (even if it also has fresh and/or dried chiles
already) as I think it provides a very nice rhythm to the dish -- it tends
to weave all of the other flavors very nicely together without otherwise
altering the dish, similar to, say, adding salt or sugar to a tomato sauce.
When used in this manner, I find that the fancier sauces are lost in the
other flavors (and, thus, not worth the added expense) but that Tabasco or
Crystal Extra Hot (which it ain't) really fits the bill nicely.

Matt

T. Matthew Evans
Graduate Research Assistant
Geosystems Group, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology