Re: [CH] Fwd: pepper sauces - a new pepper release

Susan Byers (chilewmn@bluemarble.net)
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 10:28:25 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, bill jernigan wrote:

> again, i am just the bringer of news...you now know as much about it as
> i...i suppose it is like the heatless jal, designed to let the mass
> producers of sauce to keep a consistent product...to which they will add
> extract to the desired heat level...
>
> i thought chilewoman already had these...'venezuelan sweet' or somesuch...
>
> bill

Yes, I've been growing these for years: they are VERY popular plants. I
like cooking with them. The taste and aroma is exquisite and it is a
chance for me to demonstrate why I love peppers to guests who would not
touch a dish made with regular habaneros.

This year I have two more sweet habs: one from a farmer in Belize and
another from a Amish farmer who has converted his family farm into a
Polyface operation. I also have one from Bonaire but it is not germinating
so I don't know if I will be able to grow it out this year.
Susan
The Chile Woman