Re: [CH] search and rescue

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:46:15 -0500

Hi John,
 Thanks for seeds, your Thank-you package left this morning.

Snip:Some people use chamomile tea instead of the peroxide.
I think Mary-Anne turned me on to Chamomile Tea. Had a flat of seedlings
toppling over from damping off & quickly made it & sprayed & it cured
problem. Didn't do anything to that white mold on peat pots that formed
though as I always top water with tea since then.
    The NorthEast ChileMan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Love2Troll" <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, 17 March, 2002 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] search and rescue
> > Most of the seeds I planted germinated but so many didn't to my
disappointment. Especially the Biker Billy Jalapeno...

> Miss Dewi,
>
> Sorry about your Biker Billy.  I had 100% germination at 85F (29.4C)  Most
came up in 6 days.  Wonder what was wrong with your seeds?  Mine were from
Burpee and were packaged for 2002.

> Re the dreaded peat pots:  I love them and have used them successfully for
many years.  The mold is harmless, but if it bothers you try 1 part 3%
hydrogen peroxide to 9 parts water.  Just spray the pots and soil mix
surface.   Some people use chamomile tea instead of the peroxide.  Can't
vouch for the effectiveness of the tea.

> JohnT
 The peat pots are killing me. Never again!!! They dry out fast and mold is