RE: [CH] Soil question for L.B., or anyone else who may feel like

Parkhurst, Scott Contractor (SCOTT.PARKHURST@LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:09:47 -0000

Paul wrote:
>  Did a little research & found this URL:
> http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/bbqinferno_ex1.html
> Scroll down to...... The Dark Side of Charcoal-With a Natural
> Solution.......
> Seems Kingsford hasn't told me everything that's in their product.

! begin minor rant

   Take this writing with a grain of salt.  They admit that they're
"smoke snobs" and I felt the tone was terribly condescending.  Sure,
nobody waits till the coals are ready and you're eating the equivalent
of hamburger dipped in 10W 30.  Like anything else in life, follow the
directions and you'll do OK.

! end minor rant

> My advise is to remove as much of the black briquettes as you can & dry
> them out/then reuse it if possible.

   I would advise against this.  Not all dried dark chunks in the dirt
are leftover charcoal.  (Got any cats in the neighborhood?)

   Get the big chunks out, till the rest under, test the pH and don't
worry any further.

Scott... KCK