RE: [CH] Re-visit topic of Ph testers

T. Matthew Evans (matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:14:22 -0400

Ted --

I would check with companies that specifically supply scientific
equipment -- Fisher Scientific, Cole-Parmer, VWR, etc.  I'm sure that all of
these places will have web sites.  Look through their selection and see what
you like.  I recommend a pH meter with two-point calibration so that you may
adjust the slope and intercept of your pH curve.  Also, I think that if you
get one that is accurate to +/- 0.1 or +/- 0.05 rather than +/- 0.01 then
you will be able to save some money and still get a meter that is suitable
for your purposes.

While I think the pH meter is your best bet, I do think you can get very
precise pH paper -- so, if you know your sauce pH is somewhere between, say,
5 and 6, then buy a box of litmus paper that only reads pH between 5 and 6.

Good luck.

Matt

T. Matthew Evans
Graduate Research Assistant
Geosystems Group, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology