Re: [CH] Tricots?

Tony Flynn (tonyflynn@value.net.nz)
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 07:11:19 +1200

Hi All

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chilehead@tough-love.com>

> > I know from my younger days  (Yup, Monty Python days Erich) that certain
> > seeds soaked in a gout treatment solution , colchicin or some thing like
> I really don't have a clue about the ploidy of chiles. I have some
> familiarity with daylilies which in nature are diploids with 22
> chromosomes. The plant can be treated with colchine (nasty stuff)

> >  I am keeping a close eye on it now for the famed Rocoto project.
> > Is there much happening with the said Rocoto project Cameron , anyone, ?
>
> Dave Anderson
> Tough Love Chile Co

This made me look twice. I have taken (and still have a some left) of
Colchicine tablets which were prescribed for severe gout attacks.  Mainly
after "gutsing"on shellfish,  Bluff oysters and NZ mussels :-) Nasty stuff
for sure only allowed to take a maximum of six.  Never thought it could be
used as a fertiliser.
Just goes to show the depth of knowledge on this list :-)

I have heaps or Rocotos getting over ripe on the vine. I will select some of
the biggest and will post seeds to anyone in the Northern hemisphere. Email
me a postal address.

I have three Siberian indoor pepper plants (seeds from Miss Dewi thanks) in
pots growing well in my lean-to. One is starting to flower, at the start of
my winter. It should be frost free there. Should I leave them out in the
cold or bring them indoors as it cools down next month ?

Hi Luke I still have a bag of Red habs in the freezer. Son in Perth is also
out of powder. So I will dry and grind some up to send to both of you soon.

Still getting plenty of fish as the great run of weather through March and
April  continues.

Regards to all who have enquired about my health. Getting on quite well.

Tony Flynn
Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand