[CH] Yellowing Leaves

Byron (byronbromley@tellink.net)
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:33:23 -0400

------------------------------

Minor sputter..

Bloodmeal is normally used for nitrogen suppliment  cornmeal smells better,
(n= 9)

Best suppliments for Magnesium
problems are Epsom Salts  MG SO4  or Dolomitic lime   MG and Calcium
Carbonate

Manure and compost contain MG
Miricale grow does not..

However  Mg problems are seldom found in seedlings.

Odds in a pot are, pot bound, excessive water or excessive nitrogen.

Chiles are very happy with a very scant touch of nitrogen,  Like N = 2 or 3
( as in sea blend)    There is a
seed starting liquid fertilizer   aka Miricale Grows 4-12-4  (Quick Start)
or Dragon 3-12-4  that chiles seem to like better.

Dr Boalands Agronomist  suggested that after blossom no nitrogen but get
some extra phosphate to your chiles.

My .033
L.B.