Re: [CH] Plants for the Open Fields

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:48:16 -0500

At 4:10 PM -0500 4/26/02, jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
>At a suggestion (great idea) from Alex S, discussed over beverages at
>the Indiana Hotluck (I vaguely remember ;-), and finalized with e-mails
>from Susan Byers, the following offer is put forth:

cool!  I'm glad you're doing the "adopt-a-plant" thing.  I thought it
was a great idea when Alex brought it up.  Now to adopt a plant...

Susan, any chance of posting the "adoptable chiles" list?

>Did I leave anything out? :-)

Peter peppers.  They roast well, make good salsa, freeze well, and
dry well.  Good moderate heat level and flavor.  And plants too big
to grow on a windowsill.  I seem to recall a fairly large number of
them last year (and they held up well to the hard freeze...)

--
Chad Gard, KB9WXQ
INCHASE: http://www.inchase.org  Co-founder