Re: [CH] Plants for the Open Fields

Susan Byers (chilewmn@bluemarble.net)
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:56:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Chad A Gard wrote:

> At 4:10 PM -0500 4/26/02, jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
> >At a suggestion (great idea) from Alex S, discussed over beverages at
> >the Indiana Hotluck (I vaguely remember ;-), and finalized with e-mails
> >from Susan Byers, the following offer is put forth:
>

> Susan, any chance of posting the "adoptable chiles" list?

Somewhat amazingly enough, there was only one duplication between Jim's
list and the plants I was thnking of donating. Here is a tentative list:

Agronaldo de Asti, Aji Amarillo #2, Aji Panca, Aji Peruvian, Aji
Yuquitania, Arrivivi Gusnao, Ata Ijosi, Bonda Ma Jack, BVI Pimpkin, Cacho
de Cabra, Cayman Yellow, Chaco Yellow, Chapeu de Frade, Chitepines, Dedo
de Moca, Fatali, Gambia, Grac De Bodes, Guillin, Haifeng, HDV, Inca Berry,
Jamaican Red, Jamican Yellow, Jamaican Kitchen, Lafayette, Lemon Drop,
Monkey Butt (a must!), Naga Jolika, Paradiscomalaku, Pinched Nose,
Quintishio, Red Globe, Rocotillo, Siling Labuyo, St. Helena, Timplin,
Vietnamese Tear Jerker, Zambia, Zimbabwe Bird.

This is what I will try to have for the fields. It is just a tentaive list
and I will add some more of the experimental things I am growing this
year. I haven't transplanted any of those yet so we will see what will be
ready.

If anybody wants a specific plant that is not on the list, just contact
me to sign the necessary adoption papers ($). I am sold out of the
following: Acoma, African Fish, Aji Dulce, Amarillo chiltepine, Apple,
Bolivian Hab, booney, Cayman Red, Costeno Amarillo, Datil Red, Eclipse,
Fresno, Firecracker, Goddess, Guajillo, Hahong kocho, Hacth, Manzanas,
Pasiila Apaseo, Pimenta de Padron, Surinam Red. All others are looking for
a good home.

See you all in the fall,
Susan
The Chile Woman