Re: [CH] San Francisco Sauce Factory

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:28:54 -0600

At 8:53 AM -0400 29.04.02, Cameron Begg wrote:
>Hi C-H's,
>
>Did anyone else receive spam from these guys?  Am I correct in
>guessing that they trawled the C-H archives for email addresses?
>
>"This special offer is valid for customers of the San Francisco
>Sauce Factory. We sent you this email because you asked for updates
>about new products and promotions."
>
>No I didn't.
>--
>---
>                      Regards,               Cameron.

None received.  And while it's possible to mechanically pick up email
addresses, I think Michael B. has disabled the "who" command and such
so a list can't be harvested. Oh, I just noticed you said "archives".
I think that may be quite probable since the archives are "on the
web" thus can, according to my limited computer no-ledge, use those
bot-thingies...

But more likely, your email address was grabbed (cookies) when
surfing all those porn and/or Monty Python sites <g>...

HA!

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...I jest...the Cardinal is an upright soul..."64
Monk of the TCS
Order of Enlightened Twister [TM!]

"I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food
trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a
hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."   -French Soldier in
Monty Python and the Holy Grail-