Re: [CH] testbed for new spices?

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Sun, 5 May 2002 00:37:17 -0600

>Ed Stites wrote:
>>
>>  Tofo (sp)
>>  Back to lurk mode.
>>
>>  Big Ed
>>
>>  I just received a big batch of spices from Penzeys, most of which I've
>>  never had before.  I'd like to try them all out, to get a feel for what
>>  they taste like.  Anybody got any recommendations for a neutral base
>>  that's easy to cook?
>
>Yes, Lumpy Dick!  It's bland as hell and easy to cook--basically just
>cooked milk and flour.  As a child growing up, it was one of the few
>staples we had to eat. If available, we would get cinnamon and sugar to
>'kill the bland'.  It's quite filling, really not that bad, and will
>give you a good base to test your spices.

Holy sheeeet, it's glue! <g>

But actually, that may be a darn good way to try out the spices, a
good carrier for the flavors.  Personally, though, I'd refrain from
telling folks that you spent the afternoon trying spicy lumpy dicks.

That's just me, though...

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...spotted dick, lumpy dick...is there some kinda Brit
fascination with dicks?..."64
Monk of the TCS
Order of Enlightened Twister [TM!]