Re: [CH] Chiles and Ariports (was Open Fields and the USGP)

DWALLS9102@aol.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 11:19:21 -0400

Try taking a 15" ristra on board as a carry-on! Twice!
I had to do that last November. I bought a nice heart-shaped ristra at the Chile Addict store in Albuquerque, NM. Carried it all the way back in a rental car to Midland, TX. Caught a Southwest flight to Dallas Love and then a connecting flight from Dallas to Little Rock, AR. I think they ran that thing thru the x-ray machine like five times so they could fiqure out what they were looking at. I can't imagine what was going thru their minds. I think the problem was that the ristra was all tied together with metal wire.

After I got it home I opened it up and it was kinda smashed to pieces.

Donnie

Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:15:31 -0400
From: "chile head" <chilehedz@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CH] Chiles and Ariports (was Open Fields and the USGP)

><3> wear the pack as my carry-on luggage and risk having to cause a
>national scene by whoooping the arse of the NGs/security who say
>"sorry, we have to confiscate those chiles...they could be used as
>weapons".

Actually, you aren't as far off the mark as most of us would hope.

Last month, going through LAX, I had half a dozen carefully wrapped 10-oz
bottles of Tapatio in my carry-on.

Made the guy on the X-ray machine sorta excited.

I had to unwrap a couple bottles, get thoroughly wanded, and listen to a lot
of stupid discussion.  One of the 'guards' had a little trouble with the
pepper spray/hot sauce distinction.  The other two explained to him, as
nicely as possible, that he was an idiot.

A good time was had by all.

- --d//didn't I see this scene in Midnight Express?