Re: [CH] Introduction And Questions

mstevens@exit109.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 18:16:01 GMT

At 02:53 PM 5/6/02 -0600, you wrote:

>So, I've been considering doing some growing, just to have fresh peppers,
>and find myself in a bit of a bind. I have got to have the blackest thumb
>you've ever seen. If it will require my attention, I'll probably kill it.
>Add to that that I live in New Jersey, USA, and I'm not exactly a great
>candidate for growing much of any chile pepper, from what I can tell.

Hey Don't be dissing Jersey!  :-)   I've grown some fine Habaneros (That's
right, no "~") in the garden state.  If you go back to Google and search under
Hot Spicy Food my Hotlinks site is the #1 hit!  Some mighty fine chiles can be
grown here.

Where in NJ are you?  In september you might be tempted to check out the Annual
Chile Pepper Food Festival in Bowers, Pa.  It's the largest chile festival in
the east.  There is a whole contingent of listmembers that attend this fest to
enjoy the food, Lemon Drop Pepper Shots and to cheer on Doug as he wins the 4th
jalapeņo (There's your "~") eating contest in a row!  Meadow View farm, where
the festival began is a Mennonite farm that grows literally dozens of different
kinds of chiles, tomatoes and herbs.  Some images of past festivals can be seen at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/bowers99/

Yes, you do want to hit up Karen's Hotluck this summer (As seen on national TV!)

=Mark