[CH] RE: [CHI] anyone up to try this?!?!?

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@honeywell.com)
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:51:45 -0500

Hi Dewi,

Let me know when you tried it......

1 habanero per cup rum looks very hot to me, even with all the sugar..
I have done it with Madame Jeanette, 6 pcs on a bottle (0,7 l) of grape
alcohol of 70%.
It's almost un digestible, not due to the alcohol but to the heat.
Have to say it gives a nice mix with 7-UP, I call that mix Jump-UP (like
most peoples reaction)

It looks that alcohol intensify the heat.
I think this is caused by alcohol doing two things, it sucks all the
capsicum out the peppers so all the heat will be in there.
And when you drink it, the alcohol is irritating the mouth and throat
(mucous membranes) so these are more open for capsicum for you to experience
even more heat.

I'm not the expert here, any one else who can explain this better or correct
me?

Hot regards
Rob NL