Re: [CH] Down, but not out

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:33:33 -0500

gregor@monmouth.com wrote:

> FWIW...
> When I was growing up, my family had a black female Burmese that lived to
> be about 23 years old. My mother was working for a vet back in the mid
> 1950s when the kitten was brought into be put sleep. It seems that
> although the kitten was a pure bred show cat, it was a color (recessive
> genes) that was unacceptable to cat association and so had to be distroyed
> so that it wouldn't breed.

  Those are the kind of idiots that give the hobby a bad reputation.
Thankfully, there aren't many around; but unfortunately, they're always the
ones you hear about.

> My mother protested to the vet who later
> relented and gave her the kitten on the condition that it be neutered.
> So, your cat may very well be a Burmese. It may just not be a Burmese by
> the cat association's pedigree stantards.

  I'm typing with one hand right now because our Burm. is sleeping on my lap
and other arm.  They're like having a living teddy bear most of the time.
They almost need too much attention.  ;-)))  Everybody needs to have one at
some point...

--
Erich
C-H # 2099