Re: [CH] Down, but not out

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:56:42 -0500

Karen Stober wrote:

> ... The Korat does.  They have a no-shed fur.  So does this little fella.
> Their eyes turn green in about 2 - 3 years.  Is his base color silver, and
> the hairs silver tipped, creating a silver sheen and aura?  Yes.  Babies
> have a green rim about the iris.  Yes, he sure does have that.

 http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/korat.html
  Doesn't look like they are supposed to be black (or maybe that's just by CFA
standards), but mom nature throws you a curve sometimes...

> He has faint tabby stripes so one relative somewhere was an ordinary
> housecat.

  Not necessarily.  There are quite a few pure bred cats that display tabby
markings.  Maybe he was an accidental breeding by someone who breeds more than
one variety.

> Korats are rare.

  That seems to be true.  Showing periodically in the Mid-West region (and
really only within 2 hours of home) for the past four and a half years, we've
seen maybe two or three.

  Maybe they're more popular in other organizations though...

> So maybe I got myself a little good luck?

  I'm sure however it turns out, he'll be wonderful in his own way; as they
all are.  Good luck.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099