Re: [CH] What is HOT?

Richard Williams (phandaal@attbi.com)
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:31:46 -0700

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 05:59, Steve Winnard wrote:

> So, that begs the question : What do you fellow chilli (chile for
> you Northern Hemispherians) heads consider hot? Does the list have
> a standard level one's chilli heat must attain to considered HOT?
> Must I be able to eat Habs raw before being considered a HOT eater?
>
> Your thoughts please...
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

HOT is when you've reached your tolerance level and you can't eat any
more. Obviously, this varies from person to person. My sister can't
handle the green Tabasco sauce, whereas I routinely include halved
habs filled with peanut butter in my lunches at work. I got that way
by pushing my tolerance level up a little bit at a time. It took me a
while before I could eat a hab without flopping around on the floor
like a dying fish...

Eat the heat that YOU enjoy and don't worry about what anyone else
thinks. There are plenty of moderate CH's here, nobody looks down on
them because they can't handle eating a raw hab...

Richard