Re: [CH] ???

bill jernigan (billjernigan@iqonline.net)
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:40:07 -0400

At 10:29 PM 6/20/02 +1000, you wrote:

>Any Mexican Holiays/ Fsetivals comming up as One of the Pistol Club
>members has an very old Bottle of Tequilla and I am being Seconded to cook
>something special
>/ Needs to be a Saturday or Sunday Festival/ Margaritas look big / I think
>I can now buy 8 month old Goat at one of the Butchers in Coffs and would
>probably like
>recipes to suit/ (I Prefer 30 day old Goat burt as moast of the Goat farms
>here in Oz are run by sensitive people I find this hard to get..

cabrito! the speciality of nuevo leon, a northern mexican state that was my
home for five years...
the signature dish of monterrey (state capital) is cabrito al pastor,
grilled over mesquite coals...you'll find a recipe for that and other
cabrito recipes here:

http://chilemasters.tripod.com/recipes.htm

and a picture of the goats on the grill here:

http://www.geocities.com/paris/tower/9097/cabrito.html

holidays?...cinco de mayo has passed, and the next big one is the 16th of
september (independence day), which marks the day father hidalgo stood in
the church tower and called for the overthrow of the spanish...guess you
could celebrate one early or the other late, or both, kinda in between...

bill

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
                 -- James Dean