Re: [CH] The proper punishment

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:58:50 -0400

It depends on whether you want to connect with her or disconnect from her.

The disconnect model would have her do some penance like work on the roof,
or clean your car, or some other thing *without* you.

The connect model would have you *both* solving the problem - you realizing
it was a genuine accident, and her going with you to shop for some more, or
searching for some more, or whatever clever project you can come up with.

Good luck!

- mary

At 06:16 AM 6/21/02 -0700, Jim Nelson wrote:
>I de-lurk again for sage wisdom and advice on the appropriate penance for
>the following infraction.
>College age daughter breezes through the kitchen door last night at 9:15
>and like all good teens makes a bee line for the refrigerator door.  She
>flings it open with such gusto and and lack of care that she dislodges
>a  bottle of Brianna's Chipotle Cheddar sauce/dressing which then explodes
>on the kitchen floor sending glass and chipotle/chedder sauce all over the
>place.. After the predictable scramble to get the dog away from the sauce
>and glass, in mitigation for the offense, she did clean up the mess.  That
>said there remains the matter of  the chipotles who died in vain and the
>sauce that will never (sniff, sniff) reach its full potential, murdered as
>it was in the prime of life.
>
>I told her ( with a diabolical smile) that I would place her fate in the
>hands of the Chileheads to decide the just penance for such a heinous
>crime :} and thus I turn to you, dear friends.
>
>Jim (the chilehead lawyer to distinguish from other more venerable Jim's
>among us)

                            www.firegirl.com
                   (Even the Devil shops here...)
       Over 800 hot sauces and other spicy products!