Re: [CH] Chipmunk-b-gone?

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:04:47 -0500

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> Recently, in a garden store, I saw a line of liquid pepper animal repellent
> - I'm not sure it was this brand, though.  I like that idea better than the
> .22, which I suppose would go right through the critter and hit something
> else.  I know that ammo comes in many strengths, so maybe they make
> something for a target that small.

  When this topic came up last year, I mentioned that "Cheaper Than Dirt" (and
presumably many others) sell a .22 round called "Subsonic", or something like
that.  Might be made by Remington...  Anyway, it's supposed to be powerful
enough to work semi-auto actions, but be far quieter than a standard .22 round;
suitable for your urban, small-arms commando missions.

  Though, being somewhat of an animal loving pacifist, I certainly cannot
condone the slaughter of any animal that isn't a bi-ped, and trying to break
into your car, home, etc.  And even then, I think a warning shot is always good
form.  Say, in the kneecap, or elbow.   ;-))

--
Erich
C-H # 2099