Re: [CH] Need help with chipmunk problem.

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:14:08 -0500

Babs Woods wrote:

>  ... A few years ago we stopped stocking our birdfeeders because the town next
> door was getting
> bears in peoples' back yards feeding on their birdseed.  Anyone got any
> "Bear Away" they can spare, in case we need it here? ... What would work?
> Habaneros injected with wasabiko and strung up like holiday lights in the
> woods around my house?
>
>                                 -babs

  Gotta' be careful with those damn bears.  Just ask Doug... I'd bet he knows a
bit there.  They say that the chile-based bear sprays work when sprayed into /
onto the sensitive bits (again, Rael, stop it.... shame, shame); but if applied to
a non-bear surface, they actually attract them.  I recall some footage from the
Travel channel, or something like that, that showed them rolling around in the
stuff like a dog on dead fish... I think the analogy they made was to cats and
catnip.

  Damn bears....

--
Erich