Re: [CH] Re: tomatillos

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:10:57 -0700

joemama wrote:

> > When I finally got
> > around to using some of them in a sauce, I was faced with the added work
> > of blanching, peeling and chopping them.
>
> Why?
>
> I've never found a need to blanch or peel them.
>
> Tom
I'm with you, Tom(but not in Switzerland!) In an apartment, there is no room for tomatillas, but every year, I buy a crate of them from my produce
guy, remove their raincoats, wash 'em, simmer in a little water, and freeze in an amount that I use in green chile stew, amongst other things. I can
do 10 lbs and have them in the freezer in less than two hours, in  plastic containers. Simple! Handy, too, and much better than canned!  Cheers, Doug
in BC