Re: [CH] Cholula

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:13:48 -0400

At 05:18 AM 8/12/2002 -0500, bradley ellis wrote:

>To those more learned on the list: Am I incorrect as to how the whole cross
>pollination works?
>

>Brad

It is my understanding regards biology that you are correct, changes in the
genetic makeup affects the seeds in the chiles, not the chiles
themselves.  Otherwise it would be the case when a male German shepherd
mates with a female Dalmatian would transform the Dalmatian into half
German shepherd.

Of course this has been argued back & forth on this list for as long as
I've been here and have no doubts that folks with anecdotal evidence to the
contrary will weigh in to disagree

=Mark