RE: [CH] Air Travel sanity won't return

Holder, John (John_Holder@jdedwards.com)
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:16:53 -0600

<offtopic>
Whoa, boy whoa!

Actually, they have a slightly reasonable beef - we DO give
Israel about 33 billion dollars per year - more than every
other contry the U.S. gives aid to COMBINED.  Pretty much,
without this money Israel would cease to exist as a country -
or at the very least, not be able to fund a military.

Assuming you make the average income (not more than 28K USD)
and pay the average taxes, that mean you personally gave
(33billion/(guess) 200 million taxpayers (probably high) =
165 bucks to Israel last year.  Probably a lot more...

Bizzare, eh?  I'm not weighing in on either side, merely
pointing out a fact.
</offtopic>

Well, my 4-year-old survived picking 75 unripe tomatoes off
the vine.  My salsa will not be the same this year. (frown).

--
John

-----Original Message-----
From: George A. Starkey [mailto:gas@kdlegal.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 8:27 AM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Air Travel sanity won't return

Until we're reasonably sure that no one is going to plow another plane
into a skyscraper or blow it up with his shoes. Even everyone
travelling naked wouldn't do it(but it would make for some interesting
Twister games on those transatlantic flights), as some wingnut from an
unspecified terrorist outfit would have a C-4 suppository or something.

No, we Americans don't like this bullshit. I don't even like the term
"Homeland Security". Sounds like something out of a 4th Reich manifesto.
 But, because of some overmonied sandmaggot who, hopefully, is rotting
in little tiny pieces underneath a mountain of Afghanistan, we all have
to suffer.  And, the more inconvenienced we are, the longer we'll be
pissed enough to keep killing middle-eaterners in the specified wacko
cult of the day.  They claim that we deserve it because our government
is friendly to Israel. Apparently they don't realize it is the US
keeping Israel from wiping them off the map, which, I'm sure the wrong
synagogue will get carbombed, and whichever Israeli leader is in power
will finally have enough, and some portion of the Arab world will become
a glass parking lot.

</rant mode off>

On a cheerier note, I bought a few bottles of Jim's Sauces at the
Indiana State Fair last Wednesday. I highly recommend the "finishing
sauce on meatloaf.  And, keep the bottle on the table, because you'll
want more. Oh, yum!! I'm having flashbacks to last night's dinner!

George

ps- the redneck who ate the big dollop of Stoopid Hot on a chip was
priceless!