Re: [CH] Bitterness

Frank (frank.neulichedl@conzepta.it)
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:45:48 +0200

am 13.08.2002 22:42 Uhr schrieb Rob Solarion unter solarion@1starnet.com:

> One example that I
> recall is that she said if there is a green shoot going up through the
> middle of a garlic clove to remove it because it is "bitter".  Well, it is
> not "bitter" to me.

I always take out the green sprout, but not for the bitterness, but for the
classic garlic smell. I discovered, that you stink not as much if you take
out the sprout.

The bitterness is an issue if you use a recipe without many other
igredients, for ex. Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, Peperoncino (Pasta with Garlic,
olive oil an chile), or grill a fish just with olive oil and garlic.

Cu