Re: [CH] Bye bye

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 02:30:02 -0600

>At 08:28 PM 24/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>><Ok.
>>It appears this is a clicky closed group.
>>I will find another chilli mailing list.>
>>
>>How far from the truth. I've made just a few postings in two years, and
>>always have had great responses. I have even bugged a few people off list,
>>and gotten great responses.
>>Hang around for a bit, this list is very kewl.
>>
>>Jim
>

>Well, since my unsubscribe request didn't work, perhaps I was a bit
>hasty and you all just filtered past the post or something.

honestly, this list has many (maaaany) members who have been here for
a number of years.  I won't speak for anyone else, but I am certainly
guilty of scanning subject headers and just dumping emails that don't
immeadiately catch my eye for whatever reason.  After all, pleas for
info on how to make sauce, smoke chiles, make salsa, etc. get old
after a while, thus, Rael (me) get's lazy as hell and just deletes,
baby...

Rude, i suppose.  But sometimes one has to scream. Anywho, enough of
that sheeeet....

<snippage>

>Which was not too bad, but needed to be much hotter and less lemoney.
>Tasted ok poured over pasta.

I ain't a sauce maker, so i'm really not gonna be much help, but
don't think that will stop me from rambling on about other kaka and
seeing if i can't make an arse of myself.  Salsas, chutneys, etc.,
yes; but sauces, no.  Yet I'd ask you this: are you really looking
for a "hot sauce" since you poured your concoction on pasta? Or are
you looking for a nice hot/spicy pasta-type sauce? Granted, people
eat hotsauce on pasta, and people also dump not-so-wonderful
experiments on pasta rather than chuck it out the door <g>...but I
just got to wondering if you were looking for something other *than*
a hot sauce...

Personally, I like making a nice basic marinara/red sauce and spicing
it up with chiles.  Good base for many things.

>The second one I made up last night was just a mishmash of anything I
>could find to see what would happen (chilli experiment):
>* 5-6 birdseye chillies
>* splash of red wine
>* honey
>* splenda
>* wine
>* vinegar
>* tomatoes
>* apples
>* tomato paste
>* water
>Simmered for about an hour and bottled. I haven't tasted it, but it
>should be interesting to say the least.

I assume you pureed it all up and such? If not (or maybe even if), it
sounds like it'd go nice w/pork. No vinegar and not much acid (or is
wine enough w/the 'maters,  you science folks?), so i don't think
it'll keep for long.  Could be an interesting marinade.

Okay, i like pig, i.e. what the hell doesn't go w/pork? Hmm.

>When chilli cooks, does it always stink up the place and smell like a
>strong grassy smell?

New one on me. Cheap wine? Wine and apples? What did you eat for
dinner? (hehehe...funny boy, ain't i?)

>Anybody got some real recipes tried and true they'd like to share with me?

Think the archives are full of em, but are not the archives tied up
now folks? Can't remember.  Stuff was getting shifted around a while
back, yes? No?

anywho.  Patience, brother.  We ain't all uptight.  I'm fucking weird
as hell and so are a few others, but generally, we're a great bunch
of chileheads who just wanna grow/eat/worship the Fruits of El
Grande, have a sing song or two, play Twister [TM!] and get nekkid in
a pile.

Okay, i may be the pile, but some of these chileheads are OLD FARTS too <g>

hehe

too much fun at 2.30 am.  I need sleep...or a bathtub of green
jello...i shall check the cupboards...

--
Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64