Re: [CH] OT canning in Canada...

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:22:38 -0700

Thanks Leslie.....we are already in trouble with these, unfortunately the company has decided that  the heck with the thousands of folk in Canada who
have used these jars for years, the Prairie Provinces, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, use these jars almost exclusively. Not to get on the
bandwagon about the US companys, who decide that we up here, aint important enuf or big enuf or strong enuf to resist, their stupidities are really
causing big problems in the prairie provinces, who have used these jars for ever, and are now forced by BIG BROTHER below us, sitting in an Ivory
Tower, who decides that Nah!!! these few folk up in the far north dont need theese jars....let them buy NEW ones...a different size! Unfortunately,
this is what happens when companies merge, sell out to big bucks, etc. and leave the poor consumer in the poop! We have two cases of them, which we
will have to replace, and how I wish we could replace them with ANY BLINKIN THING other than Bernardddeeeen! Sorry to be OT, Mike, but it really is on
topic....we do a lot of salsa, chutney, etc, in these jars....or we USED to!  Doug & Marie in BC Canada, where it seems we are just the poor relations
up here!!!