Re: [CH] OT canning in Canada...

Leslie Mandic (rnonrun@bellsouth.net)
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:28:34 -0400

On Monday, August 26, 2002, at 08:22  PM, Doug Irvine wrote:

> Thanks Leslie.....we are already in trouble with these, unfortunately
> the company has decided that  the heck with the thousands of folk in
> Canada who have used these jars for years, the Prairie Provinces,
> Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, use these jars almost exclusively.

Although I just started a little canning here and there... ( I am an
a-MER-i-kan after all) do really understand.
AND the few times I have emailed them they have been almost rude.
(Altrista) ordered a Damn Blue Ball Canning book off there website.
after 2 WEEKS they shipped it around the point FOURTH Class! still don't
have one.
Did raid my library though...
One gal up there on my canning list has she says over 900 gem jars...
what she supposed to do with them.??
Hell what HAS she been dong with them I want to know LOL!

who knows maybe she cans (bottles) Chiles??

> Not to get on the bandwagon about the US companys, who decide that we
> up here, aint important enuf or big enuf or strong enuf to resist,
> their stupidities are really causing big problems in the prairie
> provinces, who have used these jars for ever, and are now forced by BIG
> BROTHER below us, sitting in an Ivory Tower, who decides that Nah!!!
> these few folk up in the far north dont need theese jars....let them
> buy NEW ones...a different size! Unfortunately,
> this is what happens when companies merge, sell out to big bucks, etc.
> and leave the poor consumer in the poop! We have two cases of them,
> which we will have to replace, and how I wish we could replace them
> with ANY BLINKIN THING other than Bernardddeeeen! Sorry to be OT, Mike,
> but it really is on topic....we do a lot of salsa, chutney, etc, in
> these jars....or we USED to!  Doug & Marie in BC Canada, where it seems
> we are just the poor relations
> up here!!!

Will keep you posted then if I *hear* anything.

--leslie with the new iMac in Louisville, Kentucky
USDA 6abc depending on who you ask on what day.