[CH] Re: OT canning in Canada...

Leslie Mandic (rnonrun@bellsouth.net)
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 00:45:47 -0400

Well the Pisser here Marilyn is (can I say pisser,  here?) is that the
gem jars are I think bigger than ours so its not like the tops will
fit...  several folks are grabbing them up and 2nd hand shops and garage
sales but again.. the flat tops are not reusable.. just the rings....

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 12:21  AM, Marilyn Reese wrote:

> Sounds like an entrepenuering type could jump on this though.  What you
> do,
> see, is watch the factory where they make these lids, see.  And when
> they
> diassemble the press that stamps the lids and put it on a truck, see,
> you
> hijack the truck.  Set up a little shop stamping out the lids, gluing
> on the
> rubber circles...
>
> And, to keep this on topic-I need to make some more pickled garlic with
> peppers.  Down to half left of my last jar!  (I think I like the ones
> with
> chipotle better than the hab ones, but they were all good.)
>
> Marilyn

--leslie with the new iMac in Louisville, Kentucky
USDA 6abc depending on who you ask on what day.