FW: [CH] Trip Report!

Holder, John (John_Holder@jdedwards.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:39:40 -0600

My review of Tabasco Chipotle:  They should quit making all their
other sauces and concentrate on this one - it rules.  I've gone
through about 5 bottles in the last 2.5 months since I first found
it.  The Chipotle masks the usual over-vinegared Tabasco flavor.
(because I can't believe they would leave it out... grin)
Really, if you haven't had it, you should try some.  Not too hot,
not too mild.  Decent smoke.  Easier than blendering up a can of
Chipotles in Adobo and adding white vinegar. (although the latter
is hotter!).

In Las Cruces/Mesilla I prefer La Hacienda over by the University
(get a chimichanga, ask for the special hot salsa - it is only
available on request, made with habs), and Little Nellies.
For breakfast, Mesilla Valley Kitchen on Lohman.
Also, good sushi at Tatsu, and Mediterranean at the Casbah.
For fine dining, I loved the Brass Cactus.  Sandwiches:
must go to D.G.'s Deli.  Coffee:  Nabes.

Okay, back to work for me!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Gillis [mailto:DanGillis@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 4:49 PM
To: Myron Menaker; CHILE-HEADS
Subject: Re: [CH] Trip Report!

My wife and I have gone through a few bottles of the Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
already.  We're big Tabasco fans and big chipotle fans,  but we didn't know
what to expect with this sauce.  IMHO, this stuff is great.  Very nice
flavor (not much heat though.. but nice!).  It's good in a marinade or right
onto chips.

Enjoy!

Dan Gillis