Re: [CH] Trip Report!

Sue Bonar (sbonar@NMSU.Edu)
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:06:00 -0600

John,
for an update on those places you mentioned..... La Hacienda closed
down, was another restaurant, and it's now Pete's Hacienda. I understand
not as good as it used to be, but I haven't ventured back. Little
Nellie's is out of business (bad management) but the original Nellie's
(which is a heckuva lot better) is still going very strong.

Tatsu has sushi alright, but the prices are so outrageous I just make my
own. Who wants to pay $7 for a single california roll whether you can
afford it or not? There's a new place called The Mix that serves sushi
that is good - they used to have a sushi happy hour, but they got rid of
it and now they don't have much business either. Same family that owns
Tatsu owns The Mix, and their prices are the same.

The Brass Cactus and Nabes are also closed. Never heard of the Casbah
and it's not in the phonebook, either.

The good news is that DG's is still great and MVK still makes some of
the best breakfast burritos!

Sue
Las Cruces, NM