Re: [CH] OT Klez rears its ugly head again

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:02:19 -0400

Oh, My, God! I get hundreds of these every day. It drives me crazy. I also
get hundreds of spams, and the other day, I got 124 emails with virus
attachments. For each one, I had to hit "delete" ENTER, ENTER ENTER in
Norton to tell it what to do. My computer was frozen until I finished
receiving all this JUNK mail. (I now have Norton set up to just delete them
instead of asking me what to do.)

It's gotten to the point where I am probably deleting legitimate email
because I have so much filtered right into the trash, and then for the rest
of it, I delete so fast, trying to get rid of all the spam... Blah blah
blah. It makes me want to eliminate email all together.

As for an on-topic thing: I got a call today from Florida Today who is
doing a story on hot foods. They interviewed me, plus several other people
(any of you?). The article will appear in this Thursday's paper in the
People section of floridatoday.com

- mary

At 01:44 PM 9/3/02 -0700, Brent Thompson wrote:
> > I've been getting 3 or 4 Klezzies a day for a couple months now, none of
> > them have to my knowledge come from this list.
>
>Ditto for me, since many months.  But klez seems to forge all the header
>lines, so no idea where they really come from.  (I've even gotten
>klez-infected e-mail from MAILER-DAEMON, bounced from unknown addressee
>with me as original sender, and I can guarantee my non-MIME unix mailer is
>not sending out klez or any other virus.)
>  ---   Brent

                            www.firegirl.com
                   (Even the Devil shops here...)
       Over 800 hot sauces and other spicy products!