Re: [CH] Bowers Report

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:34:33 -0400

At 06:36 AM 9/8/2002 -0700, RisaG wrote:

>Thanks to Doug for driving me home. You are still the
>king!! (Doug lost his Jalapeno Eating Contest to a man
>named Slim but he was a great sport about it)
>
>I'm going to cook my habanero sausage today. I'll have
>to freeze most of it after that though. I'll probably
>be the only one eating it.
>
>Had a great time. Thanks to all to make it that way.
>
>Love, RisaG

Glad to hear you made it home smoothly!  Rich and I had been optimistic
that if we had only one course at dinner we could make it out of Bowers by
sunset.  He had a 4+ hour trip home on his new motorcycle ( picture of it
here: http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/richbike.jpg ) and was apprehensive
over doing it on unknown country roads at night.  Oh well, the best laid
plans...  The dinner was an affair in grand old style with pauses between
the courses (of course the one I ordered was held till the last...) that
did not wrap up till about 9pm.  Dropped Karen off at about 10:30m and
arrived home about an hour later.  Was a full day of chile-mania!

Was quite a day at the Chileheads were at their usual best!  While vendors
all around us were charging for their stuff, the Chilehead contingent,
centering on Doug, was giving away all kinds of goodies such as Habanero
Sausage, Spicy Deviled Eggs, a couple Kick Butt Salsas, Jeff & Tammy's
stuffed Jalapenos as well as his Habanero Crab Dip that we strategically
decided would go better as a spread with the bread at dinner <wink!>.  We
were even giving away sample shots of the now traditional Lemon Drops!  I
predict that this yearly impromptu gathering will soon evolve into a full
blown official Chilehead Hotluck!  It already has all the elements...

=Mark