[CH] Weather (was Iron)

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:29:38 +0000

>From: VoodooChile <rael64@qwest.net>

>Oh I'm there, Brother Alex...I just prefer nice weather. Making my mental
>packing list and based on last years experience, it's going like "hmmm, one
>pair of long johns or two? Two!...2 pairs of socks or...5!!"

I'm just worried that the weather will turn nasty because of this extended
hot and dry period, like there's another side to this coin.  We just had
another front come through, and for the third time we didn't get any rain.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get a frost that kills everything, then steady
rain to make mud of it all.

Things are hurting here now, pine trees are turning brown and leaves are
falling without turning color.  What sounds like rain in this morning's
breeze is just the rattle of dry leaves.  Perennial flowers are dying in the
beds, yards are flammable (I see signs of grass fires in the road medians
from jerks tossing cigarette butts) and the tomatoes I watered at lunchtime
yesterday are wilted again today.

Maybe I'm just cranky today because of the anniversary.  I'm observing a day
of media silence because I've already heard enough sirens and seen enough
ash this week.  I just put in a Vivaldi CD instead, and now I'm going to
hot-can a few pounds of tomatoes before I go to work.

- A