Re: FW: [CH] Good Eats

Bill Woodward (bill_cchkk@yahoo.com)
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:45:59 -0700 (PDT)

This recipe is in Alton Brown's book, _I'm_Just_Here_For_The_Food_.

Get some popcorn.  Pour 1/3 cup into a paper lunch sack.  Fold the top
of the bag over twice, 2 1/2-inch folds.  Staple with 2 staples, making
sure that the staples are 2-3 inches apart.  Place in the microwave and
cook on high power for 2-3 minutes, until the pops are about 5 seconds
apart.

Pour into a bowl, drizzle with melted butter, salt with popcorn salt.
Shake with parmesan cheese.  Or, one of my faves, use CaJohn's Fire
Dust.  Eat.  Enjoy.

According to Alton Brown, the staples have very little mass and are
shorter than the microwaves themselves, and so are basically invisible
to the microwaves.  I've used this recipe and have never ignited,
arced, or smoldered.

- Bill

--- "Frank J. Hashek" <pepperking@outdrs.net> wrote:
> Ok, I'll bite.  Please explain the popcorn reference.  I work an
> irregular
> schedule and therefore can't be a regular viewer of any show.
>
> Blue skies and hot chiles,
> Frank

=====
Bill Woodward (Bill_CCHKK@yahoo.com or wpwood@austin.hp.com)