Re: FW: [CH] Good Eats

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:34:57 -0400

I just fold the bag over a few times....no staples!

Works fine! When popped, I spritz with a little cooking spray (PAM?) and
dust with my favorite powder....Old Bay is good (yummmmmm!).

      Myron at the beach

Bill Woodward wrote:

> This recipe is in Alton Brown's book, _I'm_Just_Here_For_The_Food_.
>
> Get some popcorn.  Pour 1/3 cup into a paper lunch sack.  Fold the top
> of the bag over twice, 2 1/2-inch folds.  Staple with 2 staples, making
> sure that the staples are 2-3 inches apart.  Place in the microwave and
> cook on high power for 2-3 minutes, until the pops are about 5 seconds
> apart.
>
> Pour into a bowl, drizzle with melted butter, salt with popcorn salt.
> Shake with parmesan cheese.  Or, one of my faves, use CaJohn's Fire
> Dust.  Eat.  Enjoy.
>
> According to Alton Brown, the staples have very little mass and are
> shorter than the microwaves themselves, and so are basically invisible
> to the microwaves.  I've used this recipe and have never ignited,
> arced, or smoldered.

  互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ
  Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
  myronm@bellsouth.net     |
              Keep the Whole World Singing!   |     |
  互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ