Re: Fw: [CH] Good Eats, Now Cookwise

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:10:19 -0500

At 06:25 AM 9/12/2002 -0700, RisaG wrote:
>Amen. I got that book as part of my Channukah gift
>from my MIL last year. It is wonderful. I have only
>tried one recipe - for a bread. It came out terrific.
>Her suggestions are right-on.
>
>She has also been on Cooking Live with Sara Moulton
>(sorry that show was taken off and is only in reruns
>now). She is fun to watch. The information she gives
>is perfect.
>
>I agree. Buy that book. It is worth it but if you want
>a book that has lots of information and fewer recipes,
>this is what this is. If not, then it isn't for you.
>It has a lot of scientific information that can be
>hard to read through sometimes. Worth it though.

On the Food Network I watch Sara, Mario, Alton, Jaques Torres. Curtis
Aikens, Melting Pot and David Rosengarten's Taste (also no longer in
production) to learn. Emeril for entertainment and the Two Fat Ladies (when
they are re-run) for both information and entertainment.

And let's not forget Jessica Harris the food historian who claims not to be
a cook but who always has interesting recipes. She did a show with Sara on
Ethopian food form which any of the recipes would fit right in here.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!