RE: [CH] Habs

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:46:16 -0500

At 4:40 PM -0400 10/10/02, Karen Oland wrote:
>Another question, on using/preseving Habaneros this time.
>
>I preserved a number of Habaneros in honey this past year.  I've discovered
>that Habanero Honey sells pretty well (I have bees, so sell honey on the
>side), so I ended up draining the habanero slices and using all the honey
>(about a quart) to flavor a 5 gallon pail and repackaged it. I now have
>about a pint of honeyed hab rings, which have the consistency of candied
>peppers.  Has anyone tried drying these to use later or for snacks?

Hmmmmm..  dried honeyed hab rings...  Really sounds wonderful
(assuming the year in honey has mellowed the heat of the habs a bit -
being a moderate and all...).  I'd love to hear the results of your
experiment should you dry those.  Might also have to experiment with
preserving some peppers in honey myself.
--
Chad Gard, KB9WXQ
INCHASE: http://www.inchase.org  Co-founder