Re: [CH] Chocolate Habs and Apologies for burdening the list

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:09:52 -0400

Just to "clear the air" for others unfamliar with "the beating", a synopsis:
I de-lurk again for sage wisdom and advice on the appropriate penance
for the following infraction.
College age daughter breezes through the kitchen door last night at 9:15
and like all good teens makes a bee line for the refrigerator door.  She
flings it open with such gusto and and lack of care that she dislodges
a  bottle of Brianna's Chipotle Cheddar sauce/dressing which then
explodes on the kitchen floor sending glass and chipotle/chedder sauce
all over the place.. After the predictable scramble to get the dog away
from the sauce and glass, in mitigation for the offense, she did clean
up the mess.  That said there remains the matter of  the chipotles who
died in vain and the sauce that will never (sniff, sniff) reach its full
potential, murdered as it was in the prime of life.

I told her ( with a diabolical smile) that I would place her fate in the
hands of the Chileheads to decide the just penance for such a heinous
crime :} and thus I turn to you, dear friends.

Jim (the chilehead lawyer to distinguish from other more venerable Jim's
among us)
My interjection at this point was some responses from long timers were
misinterpreted by Newbies & Russ played "list cop" to calm the masses.
Result from Jim was:
Thanks to all for the suggestions on the proper atonement and especially
to those concerned I may have been even a little serious.  "She who
hangs the moon" found the whole thing fascinating and amusing. Though
she denies Chilehead status, she did scarf down a deliberately mild
salsa with two jalapenos and a serrano from the garden and opine that it
was pretty bland.

Yesterday we were returning from a trip across the state line to
register her car in the state of her school instead of in the land of
the 24 billion plus deficit.  In any case, we were on the way back and
 came on a non-injury semi-trailer accident in which a half a trailer of
 green and red bell peppers were strewn across the roadway.  "She" noted
all the slow traffic and pulled way over on to the left side of the
shoulder. When I asked why so far to the left (not dangerous as we were
all crawling but odd) she said,
"I am not taking any chances squishing even one of the peppers."
"Uh, why" I asked innocently
"Cause with my recent record on the Chipotle sauce, I am not taking any
chances with El Grande lest a SWAT team of Chileheads descend on me and cart
me off to hard field labor or something."  she answered with one of
those "gotcha " smiles.

(I believe she gets it :)

Jim (the chilehead lawyer as opposed to the others in greater service to
El Grande)
Nope, nothing going on here.........'cept a future Chilehead for the list!
Paul