Re: [CH] Drying question...

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:58:45 -0500

Steve Nearman wrote:

> tucker,
> Frost is not a problem if you dry them right after. If you leave them on the
> plant for several days after the frost damage they will start to rot.

  I think I caught them the day after... maybe two...

> Now to answer the question you did not ask. Frozen pods? Freezing the pods
> before dehydrating will acutely reduce the time it takes to evaporate the
> moisture...

  I did wash and throw them into the freezer; mostly because I just don't have time
to play with them right now (maybe in January, if the kitchens finished...).  I did
leave out the Cayenne though, since they always air dry for me just fine.

  Thanks for the info...

--
Erich
C-H # 2099