Re: [CH] Chorizo

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:56:30 -0500

At 07:43 PM 10/24/2002 -0700, Nels Peterson family wrote:
>Friends and neighbors
>
>We're getting a pork done next week, the butcher plant is going to grind the
>trim and we're going to make our own sausage -- any good chorizo recipes out
>there?

This is a decent recipe for chorizo....

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

       Title: Chorizo Sausage
  Categories: Sausage, Pork, Latino
       Yield: 1 Servings

       2 tb Ground ancho or pasilla
            -chile
       1 ts Dried oregano
       1 ts Ground cumin
     1/2 ts Freshly ground coriander
            -seeds
     1/4 ts Crushed hot red pepper
     1/8 ts Ground allspice
     1/2 ts Salt
     1/4 ts Freshly ground pepper
       2    Finely minced garlic cloves
       1 tb White or rice vinegar
       2 tb Tequila
       1 lb Ground pork

   Chorizo is a Mexican sausage that can be used in many ways, chief
   among them in breakfast tacos combined with skillet fried potatoes
   and/or scrambled eggs. There are many variations - this is my
   favorite. You can make it in bulk as it freezes well. Cook as you
   would ground beef but on lower heat to avoid burning the spices.
   Combine herbs and spices, tequila and vinegar. Add to pork and mix
   well.

  MMMMM

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!